i may not know a lot about art but i would love to. i wish i wasn't always so preoccupied with everything else all the time and just LIVE art. but sadly, that isn't the case. so hey, one day, it just so happen to be chinese new year and like always, there are lion dance performances in the school hall. i was late for it (CRAP) and so i had to stand amongst the crowd. and just so happen there was this man standing in front of me. and his shirt had so many words on it, it made me dizzy at first. a lot of crappy things happened that day, which led to me feeling crappy now too but it doesn't stop me from reading and reading again one of the most awesome shit ever. i have no idea why i find it so awesome but i'm just so drawn to the idea of art put into words. and you feel it, ever sentence of it. and i'd like to share it with all of you and as part of the passage says, i hope to inspire you and our knowledge today will be our power tomorrow.

what defines me
what defines me is not what defines you. what drives you is not what drives me. i love what you do not love. i am me and you are you. my life is a canvas and my story is it's painting. i am inspired and i create so that i may inspire others. my everyday decisions make me who i am. this is why i am different from you. different. not superior. your path is yours. that is the beauty in which we coexist. the path we walk are unalike. but they cross and collide and twist and turn in beautiful unpredictable patterns. our perception of the high and lows of our journey change. my knowledge today will become my power tomorrow. carved in the massive stone of life. my life is my art. my art is my life. every detail i add along the way helps others as they paint their stories. just as their stories gave birth to mine. and i continue to create. i strive to create. i will never stop trying. the mistakes and failures i make along the way make up the masterpiece that i end up with. the cracks in the foundation are the rivers that feed my gardens. one day you will realize this too. and when my vision is blurred, you will remind me how to see. you must not stop writing your story. whatever your vehicle of communication it may be. for the sake of life. for the sake of the future. for the sake of art.

i cannot begin to tell you how hard it was for me to copy this whole passage from a stranger's shirt to my phone but with determination, i did it. i think it's beautiful and i'm glad i did. i will look back at this post someday and feel as inspired and as awed as the first time i had read it. for some reason, i have morgan freeman's voice saying these words too me. lol, i watched too much invictus and wanted :P


signing out.

0 comments:

Copyright 2010 je vous vois.